Monday, April 11, 2011

What If?

About five years ago I was horribly sick.  I was sick to death of my marriage!  Don't get me wrong. I love my husband dearly, but I was sick and tired of having just a normal marriage. Over the years I had saw different older couples and thought "wow, I would love to have a marriage like theirs, they're so sweet to each other!"

My husband and I were fine, and our marriage was fine, but I wanted more!  I wanted a marriage I could be proud of, and ours was severely lacking.  We didn't fight like cats and dogs but when we did I'd with hold my forgiveness so he'd know how upset I really was.  I was always questioning his decisions, yes even in front of the kids!  Needless to say I didn't have a very satisfying marriage.

Then one day a good friend loaned me a wonderful book.  Created To Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl and it changed my heart and our marriage!  I only advise you to read this book if your heart is truly ready for change.  Otherwise it'll probably just make you mad.  Debi has some strong words for wives and mothers some of it I agree with and some of it I don't. But for the most part it's some good solid advise!


Reading Debi's book raised a question in my mind that I want to share with you.

What if I give 100% of myself to my marriage?  Yes, marriage is a two-way street and you are both in it together, but here me out!  What if we as women concentrate on our issues and leave our husband issues to God?

I read Linda Dillow's book "What's it like to be Married to Me?" and was challenged to think about my marriage in a whole new light!  I can hear you right now, "well, he should be thinking about what it's like to be married to him!"  I agree, he should!  But go with me on this, what if we start working on becoming what we need to be as wives?  I started putting this to work in my marriage after I read Debi's book and oh what a difference it made in our marriage!  Within a couple weeks my husband started to treat me the way I'd always wanted to be treated.  He started thinking of me and being romantic!  We're still not "perfect" by any means, but the great thing is, we're sure enjoying the perfecting process now. 

I love coming up with new ways to make Ben (my husband) smile!  Guess what, sex isn't the only thing that makes men happy!  Yeah shocker huh?  Here's another tip though, sex is and always will be a very important part of your marriage and should not be just good but great for both of you!   The Bible tells us that we "belong" to each other! 

The whole point of this blog is to show you how we don't have to be just "stuck" in our marriage, but we can have a beautiful relationship with our man that will make the other girls jealous!

So how about it?  Join me in a journey to a "heavenly marriage"!

2 comments:

  1. Created to Be His Help Meet changed my life (and our marriage) too! My sister-in-law handed me a copy of the book about five years ago... I've read it several times since! I am NOT the same woman I used to be (thank the Lord!).

    It's so easy to get caught up trying to change our men into what WE think they need to be, or what will make us happy. That is a road that leads to a frustrating marriage every time. There is such a freedom in submitting to God's plan for marriage and womanhood. I am one happy, satisfied wife these days.

    I like your comment about "enjoying the perfecting". No one is perfect and no marriage is perfect, but why not enjoy the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad thing is that so many women feel that being a wife and SAHM is for losers without a college degree and that their IQ drops a couple of points just by being around one! Why is that? I don't care what people think of me for being a SAHM but it really bothers me that more women don't see the need for it. Children need their Mom at home. If more Mom's would stay at home their would be fewer "problem children."

    So many women think they "can't" be SAHM's because "we need both our incomes!" Start trimming your bills, pay off debt downsize your car by all means sell your home! If you truly want to stay at home pray about it God will help you find a way! That's what I did... I put sort of a fleece before the Lord about continuing to stay at home and within 3 days God answered in a very big way! I encourage you to do it today!!!

    ReplyDelete